YSIC 550: BJJ Gi's have a lot to say. This gi has Nothing To Say. Actions speak louder than words. When your hand is raised, your gi will announce itself. Until then, the subtle design remains humble. Yet, the gi quality is boldly evident.
• 550 GSM Pearl weave jacket: Highest grade combed cotton.
• 300 GSM (11Oz.) cotton twill pants (strong and soft!)
• Triple SOFT washed gi: Less than 1% shrinkage!
• Beautiful embroidery reveals itself at select times.
• Double knee padding extends to the hem (seam insert)
• Reinforced material and stitching in high stress areas.
• Sleek woven labels at pant, sleeve, and jacket cuffs.
• Thick, high density anti-bacterial EVA foam collar.
• The official OH CANADA gi!
Bottom Line: I designed every aspect of this gi with durablity, comfort, and beauty in mind. The 550 GSM Pearl weave is much stronger than a 450 GSM and just a little bit heavier and softer than most 450's on the market!. The 300 GSM cotton twill pants are so soft and breathable that you'll feel like you're in 8oz. pants. Yet you'll have all of the advantages of a more durable pant with harder to grip fabric (And did I mention that the double knee padding extends into the hem!) The embroidered design may not be IBJJF approved. But it's just too cool to pass up. At one moment the gi is the ultimate Grey Man. At the next, the gi reveals beautiful representations of Brazil, Canada and the Art itself. Own a limited piece of history today!